Monday, September 28, 2009

Math Questions

Why do people hate math?
I think that people hate math because it has such a structured formula to it. Everything is proven and everythnig works. THere are shortcuts and easier ways to do things but there really is no loop hole. Using me as an example, I know that there is a way to do everything and I become a little frustrated when I don't understand something whose instuctions are specifically mapped out. Math is easy but also very difficult at the same time; it is very easy to loose concentration and have no idea what you are doing.

Do you like or hate math? Why?
I hate math. As I said above, it frustrates me because it is so structured and I cannot make sense of much of it. I have to workl very hard to understand and maintain a decent grade. I like to be very creative and I find math to be very lacking in opportunity to express creativity.

Do you think that Math is important for artsists?
I think math is important for anyone no mattter what their profession. A musician has to use numbers to count bars and such in music. Dancers share the same requirement with the need to count the music they are moving to. Artists may need math to measure and calculate area and perimeter of paintings and sculptures. Thespians may need math when building a set or when staging a play. Truthfully, any profession is going to pay and consequently we will all need math to pay our bills.

How can math education be improved?
I am never excited for math class but I think teachers who are actually excited about their class and their subject would hold my attention much better. This year I have found that Ms. J really loves math and her job and through her way of explaining things, I really understand Algebra 2 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment